Monday, April 5, 2010

New Material

On Thursday, we finished up our review week (unit 30).

It worked out that this unit covered the events leading up to the Crucifixion and the Resurrection. Rather fitting for the week leading up to Easter Sunday, don't you think?
I didn't plan it, but it worked out perfectly!
We combined two days of material on Thursday and took Good Friday off.




(Here our reenactment of the Last Supper, plus some cheese)



This week we are learning about the letter "Y" and reading about more events surrounding the Resurrection.

Tonight, I finally managed to order my next set of material from Heart of Dakota.
This new material will take some more planning on my part. The daily lesson plans are designed to take about 90 minutes, in contrast to the 30 min lessons we are using right now.

I honestly don't see us bust'n it all out in 90 minutes. We'll most likely spread it out through the day. This has seemed to work well for us so far.

In the next book, will cover the following areas:

- Bible Memory Work
-Devotional Topics
-Science Discovery
-Art Projects
-Dramatic Play
-Thinking Games
-Rhymes
-Gross Motor Skills
-Music
-Handwriting Choice
-Fine Motor Skills
-Phonics Choice
-Story time
-Language Activities
-Math Exploration

I am uncertain if I will be able to use the same material for both my children. I'd like to be able to include my youngest in the same activities with changes as necessary.

We'll just have to wait and see on that one....

Here's the link to the book, Little Hearts for His Glory:
http://www.heartofdakota.com/little-hearts.php

No comments:

Post a Comment